Plant Identification Project  

Posted by Mermaiden in ,

As an ongoing part of my Herbal guild work (SCA activity), I decided to start identifying the plants that surround me.  These things that are normally cut down as weeds have long since fascinated me but now I have found the purpose that drives me to identify them... the desire to learn their historical purpose.  This is a record of my findings.

Some of these, naturally, I will find are not herbs at all.  And some that I never knew were probably will be.

First you must learn to identify the plant by all its parts. Every stage of the plant's life cycle helps reveal secrets to its identity. So you must observe it from start to end.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1.


 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# 2
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# 3
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#4
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#5
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#6
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#7
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#8
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#9

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#10

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#11

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#12

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#13
  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#14

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#15 and 16?

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#17

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#18

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#19

 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#20

Carrot looking and smelling leaves
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#21

This entry was posted on Friday, September 14, 2012 at 1:49 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment