Heraldry Notes  

Posted by Mermaiden in ,

  • Step 1, come up with some ideas. Look through the Herald's book for some things you might like. You can also look around online at the website.  Names here, armory for devices here.
    I "scanned them into computer" by taking some little phone pics that I put in the computer to work with.
    • Have no idea where to start? Chat with your group's Herald first and foremost! They're there to help you with this, after all.
  • Step 2, flip through the Heraldic primer to see how your ideas might work up. Think on how to put them together in a way that you find visually appealing.
    I went through several variations as I worked out what I might want.
  • Step 3, draw it on paper. See how it looks.
    Or do it digitally in the computer if you can and want; I enjoyed doing mine that way.
  • Step 4, Now talk to your local herald or other friends who are interested and able to see what might be right or wrong needing adjusting. Names and Devices must not break certain rules.
    Friends who have gone through the process before, especially those who have previously or are interested in the future in holding the Herald's position are good go-to folks for this in addition of course to your group's own current Herald, never instead of. ;) But it can help your Herald out if you have some ideas thought up and worked out a bit, once you get ready to start moving forward in a submission process.
  • You will need to have the right proof for names, and the right emblazon or wording written out for your device.
  • Search your device and name online, once you have the wording down, to be sure there are no conflicts.
  • When you are ready, fill out the submission papers! Your group's Herald will help you with this. If you want you can print off the submission forms from online.

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 2, 2011 at 6:57 PM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment