I've posted before about the amazing virtues of Aloe Vera. It's the only face cream you ever need unless you like blemishes or skin problems. Just put it on at night, EVERY night, and you'll thank me in a month. Yes, you can use the green or clear "goo" you get at the pharmacy for sunburn for this.
But that's not the reason I'm posting today. I want to talk about the amazing healing properties of fresh aloe vera. I've been practicing my own medicine. I burned my thumb pretty bad on a microwaved frozen lasagna dinner fresh outta the microwave last night. Yeah, I knew better, but I forgot and did it anyway.
Now, normally a burn like this will be blistering up pretty good in the near future. But I decided to act fast. I grabbed an ice cube from the freezer and held it on as long as I could stand it. But I was baking so halfway through the cube was about it. I figured this should help, since applied immediately. Halfway through my baking, my thumb began to feel like it was on fire. A prickly, burning, tingling fire. Oh no, I thought to myself! That's it, this one's going to be fun tomorrow. I wanted to do something right away for the pain so I went to the bathroom and grabbed the Solarcaine which did help....for about 2 minutes. Keep in mind this is just a pain killer, not an actual treatment.
So what do you treat burns with? Aloe Vera. Right. So I grabbed a chunk off a leaf from one of my plants in the kitchen and squeezed it on, and wrapped a mongo bandaid around it to keep the stuff on there. At this point I just wanted to start healing treatment and let it burn and blister as it would, as I expected already by then. I left the bandage on until bed time when I decided a fresh round would be in order. Much to my surprise, it was already healed....! Just several hours ago it was a red stinging mess. And now, rubbing it, it barely felt sore along one side, and you certainly couldn't tell it had been burned. Granted, it was only of the first degree, but still.
*They say you should apply it several times a day, and should always cool the wound off before applying it.
*They also say you should not use ice, but cold tap water.
So you tell me, does aloe vera work, or does it work!
Safe(r) Vaping
7 years ago

