The class by William Ismead at Fall Coronation 2011 taught me a simple process to make lip balms. I will be sharing his notes along with my experiment experience with the Barony in a class on Dec 13, so I have practiced said experiment in order to determine the right amount of content per container.
I created some balms last night and here's how it went!
First, you melt the beeswax.
Add in the desired amount of essential oil for scent + flavoring.
*The best oils to use are citrus (lemon, lime, orange, tangerine, grapefruit), peppermint, and we'll see how Clove works out. Not too much or it will numb the lips! ;D
Now, you pour the mixture into the containers. Don't dilly dally around or it will start to cool off and harden in your container! Just re-heat if this occurs.
Now you wait a few minutes until it cools off.
And that's it! The balms are all done.
This entry was posted
on Sunday, November 20, 2011
at 12:43 PM
and is filed under
ALL,
Herbal
. You can follow any responses to this entry through the
comments feed
.

